Thursday, June 8, 2017

School Library Journal Teen Librarian Tool Box Article

Howdy
As part of the #SJYALit Discussion I've written a post for the School Library Journal's website, Teen Librarian Toolbox, introducing myself as Asexual and what that means.  
Just yesterday I was informed that being Asexual makes me a non-entity, with no place in the LGBTIA+ spectrum. I encourage you to read more about #SJYALit (2017)
The Social Justice in YA Lit Project/Discussion, using YA literature to discuss a variety of social justice issues including own voices, representation, discrimination, education, poverty and more.
 Introducing Asexuality, a guest post by Laura Perenic

Laura
Disclaimer

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, I can't imagine the challenge of speaking out on this topic, but am grateful to you for doing so. I have a variety of teens in my group that I know are 'on the spectrum' and this type of information, with recommendations and personal insight, is very, very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, I am happy to help. Even when I don't have personal experience I try to see where my teens are coming from. With being Ace I feel I have a unique perspective on how my teens feel about their sexuality and their humanity. I think we can all empathize with feeling other on some level. Let me know if you have more questions.

      Delete