Friday, June 5, 2015

Quick Pic - I am Groot

Howdy
As part of the Summer Reading Program hero theme I started off the teen line of programs with three crafts.  We decorated twinkies to look like Minions, we made swords with paint sticks and we made baby Groots from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy.  Most of this craft was created from supplies I found in our closet.  The base is a plantable, bio-degradable pot. The outside is made of brown paper bags in different sizes and there is a large popsicle stick at the center for a little structure.  We used Mod Podge like papermache and the whole thing set and dried very quickly. I painted on a little face.  I think you could use markers to add other details if you wanted. I was rather amused with the outcome.


DIY Baby Groot

Laura


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Teens enjoyed making minions. They devoured them immediately so I guess they were fun to make an tasty too.

      Delete