Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Preschool Storytime - Summer

Opening
Hello Everybody, Yes Indeed by Carole Peterson HUM
Hello to your toes yes indeed yes indeed yes indeed
Hello to your toes yes indeed my darling

Knees – shoulders - friends

Books
Cheers for a Dozen Ears by Felicia Sanzari Chernesky
Zoomer's Summer Snowstorm by Ned Young
Mouse’s First Summer by Lauren Thompson


Songs
Bananas by Jim Gill from Music Play for Folks of All Stripes 
Reach Up High from Exercise Party (with scarves)
Head and Shoulders from Songs for Wiggleworms

There was a tree
All in the wood
The pretties little tree that you ever did see
The tree was in a hole and the hole was in the ground

And the green grass grew all around all around

and on that tree...there was a branch
and on that branch...there was a nest
and in that nest...there was an egg
and in that egg...there was a bird
and on that bird...there was a wing
 
and on that wing...there was a feather
and on that feather...there was a bug



Felt

Ice Cream Colors


We have ice cream, the best in town,
Let us begin with chocolate brown.


Now, let us scoop us some bubble-gum pink,
It is sweet and yummy, the best, some think.

Ice Cream Colors

Here is ice cream minty and green,
It is the creamiest I have ever seen.


Yellow ice cream is lemony and tart,
We like its taste from the very start.


Scoops of blueberry would make my day,
Look at all this ice cream, hip, hip hurray!


Red ice cream is a strawberry delight,
All these scoops are a heavenly sight.


Vanilla white is a popular flavor,
It tastes very good to an ice-cream craver.


Purple ice cream really gives me a kick,
Good and yummy till the very last lick.


Ice cream, ice cream, what a cool sensation,
We love ice cream in any combination!


Scarves

Wind, Oh Wind - King County Library System

wind oh wind oh wind oh wind I say
what are you blowing away today?
Scarves scarves scarves I say
I’m blowing the scarves away

Closing

We Clap Our Hands Like This - Tune Farmer in the Dell
Borrowed from Opening/Closing Songs on Storytime Katie who borrowed it from Rhymes for Toddlers on Sunflower Storytime.


We clap our hands like this
We clap out hands like this
We clap our hands with all of our friends
We clap our hands like this.

We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss with all of our friends
We blow a kiss like this.

We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye with all our friends.
We wave goodbye like this.

Ladybug Craft

Craft
I found half of this craft in our stock pile of leftovers. Its just a giant bin of crafts that weren't used up at previous activities.  I do love brass fasteners so I liked the idea of the wings moving on our ladybug. The head, body and wings were all different pieces.  I wanted to minimized supplies for our first day back to storytime so I just glued all the heads on the bodies ahead of time.  This meant all the kids needed were two brads, crayons and their pipe cleaner. The pipe cleaner was threaded through two holes in the top of the ladybug's head.  Which if you think about is the back of the bugs head so don't ask me why I drew eyes on my craft; anatomically I think thats the complete wrong place. Overall the kids liked it.  Next time I would make a template with the head already attached.


Laura


Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment