Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Music and Movement - Animals

Music and Movement - Welcome
Music and Movement - Water
Music and Movement - Plants/Trees
Music and Movement - Animals
Music and Movement - Patriotic
Music and Movement - Farm
Music and Movement - Construction/Transportation
Music and Movement - Favorites

Opening 
I know a New Way to Say Hello by Big Jeff for Exercise Party 

I know a new way to say hello 
Say hello say hello 
I know a new way to say hello 
All you do is wiggle your ears 

Stomp your feet

Move your hips 

But I still like the old way to say hello 
Say hello say hello 
All you do is wave your hands

Books
Pet This Book by Jessica Young 
It's a Tiger! by David LaRochelle

Songs
What Are You Wearing by Carole Peterson for Baloney
Hula Mula for Exercise Party

Felt
Five Ferocious Lions - inspired by Felt Board Magic

Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?Five ferocious lions roaring loud and clear.“ROAR!” said the lions“SCAT!” said I.And one ferocious lion ran away…Good bye!
Three Ferocious Lions….
Three Ferocious Lions….
Two Ferocious Lions….
One Ferocious Lion…


Scarves
Shake Your Scarves by by Johnette Downing from The Second Line - Scarf Activity Songs

Wind, Oh Wind - King County Library System

wind oh wind oh wind oh wind I say
what are you blowing away today?
Scarves scarves scarves I say
I’m blowing the scarves away




Drums 
We’re Walking to the Drum by Kathy Reid-Naiman from I Love to Hear the Sounds

We’re walking we’re walking
we’re walking to the drum
we’re walking we’re walking
we’re walking now we’re done

Tip toeing
Stomping
Running

I Know a Giraffe - I feel I have been singing this song for a long time and I still don't know where I first heard it. 

I know a giraffe
he plays the drums
he wakes me up 
whenever bedtime comes
with a rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat

(repeat with the kids suggestions for types of animals or us all farm animals or all zoo animals depending on your theme)

Tune Cube

Yoga – You Are a Lion! and Other Fun Yoga Poses by Taeeun Yoo – Snake Pose


Closing 
First we go up, up, up (rise and reach up)
Then we go down, down, down. (reach down)
Then we go up, up, up, (reach up)
Then we spin round and round (spin around)
Then we all clap, clap, clap. (clap)
Then we all touch the sky. (reach up)
Then we all take a bow (bow)
Then we all say "Goodbye!" (wave goodbye) 

Storytime with Ms.Kelly Opening and Closing Songs


Laura
Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment