Thursday, March 9, 2017

Preschool Storytime - Bicycles

Image resultInspired by Jen in the Library's program Bikes - Preschool Storytime 

I did make a folder story for this program but we started to run out of time and no one wants to cut parachute play short.  I think I'll use the story in the summer with a sports theme.

Opening
Hello Everybody, Yes Indeed – Carole Peterson HUM
Hello to your toes yes indeed yes indeed yes indeed
Hello to your toes yes indeed my darling

Knees – shoulders - friends

Books
Duck On a Bike by David Shannon
Off We Go! a Bear and Mole Story by Will Hillenbrand
Everyone can learn to ride a bicycle by Chris Raschka

Music
Goldfish by Laurie Berkner fromThe Best of the Laurie Berkner Band
Can't Wait to Celebrate by Jim Gill from Jim Gill's Irrational Anthem

Felt
We learned this song with simple hand movement in tandem with my felt stop light (which I put on the board upside down at first).  As we got to each color in the song I pointed to the light so the children would learn where to look. It was good practice for me since clearly I don't know if the red is on top or bottom. 

I Have a little bicycle
I ride it to and fro.
And when I see the light is green
I know it's time to go.
I have a little bicycle
I ride around the town.
Ahd when the light is yellow
I know it's time to slow down.
I have a little bicycle
I bought it at the shop.
And when I see the light is red
I know it's time to stop!


From Baby-O! CD by MaryLee.



Parachute 

Bread and Butter Storytime Chant from Jbrary's Just Add Rhythm Sticks. 

The original lyrics are:

Bread and butter
Marmalade and Jam
Let's tap our sticks as quiet as we can

...loud as we can
...slow as we can
...fast as we can
...high as we can
...low as we can

...nice as we can

With the parachute do high/low, fast/slow, quiet/loud.

I'm Being Swallowed by a Boa Constrictor by Shel Silverstein

I'm being swallowed by a boa constrictor
I'm being swallowed by a boa constrictor
I'm being swallowed by a boa constrictor
And I don't like it very much!


Oh no, oh no, he swallowed my toe,
he swallowed my toe


Oh gee, oh gee, he's up to my knee,
he's up to my knee


Oh fiddle, oh fiddle, he's reached my middle,
he's reached my middle


Oh bleck, oh bleck, he's up to my neck,
he's up to my neck


Oh dread, oh dread, he swallowed my.... schlirppp!


Slow and Fast by Hap Palmer for Rhythms on Parade  - we had to do this twice circling once clockwise and once counter clockwise.  I always have adults help me with this as my bigger kids can go to fast and pull the younger children down.

Row Row Row Your Boat by Bob Newhouse for Songs for Wiggleworms 




1 2 3 Whee by Mr. Eric and Mr. Michael from Groovy Green

We do the closing song under the parachute.  I use the adults to make a bubble over the kids and we sit on the ends to keep the parachute inflated.  We had a lot of wiggles leftover today so our bubble was sort of lopsided as the kids bounced around inside.


Closing
We Clap Our Hands Like This - Tune Farmer in the Dell. Borrowed from Opening/Closing Songs on Storytime Katie who borrowed it from Rhymes for Toddlers on Sunflower Storytime.

We clap our hands like this
We clap out hands like this
We clap our hands with all of our friends
We clap our hands like this.

We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss with all of our friends
We blow a kiss like this.

We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye to all our friends
We wave goodbye like this.



Laura
Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment