Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Preschool Storytime - Garden

Opening
Hello Everybody, Yes Indeed by Carole Peterson from H.U.M.


Hello to your toes yes indeed yes indeed yes indeed
Hello to your toes yes indeed my darling
Knees – shoulders - friends


Books
My Garden by Kevin Henkes
10 Hungry Rabbits by Anita Lobel
Garden of Opposites by Nancy Davis
Little seeds by Charles Ghigna

Music
Reach Up High from Exercise Party

Harry Caterpillar – Exercise Party 


Shake Shake the Mango Tree
We will sing it once with mangos and then I will ask the children to say the name of other fruits that grows on trees so we can sing the song with those foods. 

Shake, shake, the mango tree.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.
yellow, mango green.
Mango yellow, mango green.
Mango yellow, mango green.
Mango yellow, mango green.
One for you, and one for me.
One for you and one for me.
One for you, and one for me.
One for you, and one for me.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.
Shake, shake, the mango tree.



Felt
I have never made puppets for our velcro glove.  The kids really liked my attempt at hand puppets so I figured I could make achieve two goals with this. I could make the kids happy with my new creation and keep them from taking my felt pieces off the board, after all I'm pretty short but still taller than a preschooler.  I didn't make a black rabbit because I didn't think he would be visible against the black glove.  Now I see that the chocolate  rabbit  isn't all that easy to spot either.  Also I a little disappointed that the velcro I stuck on the rabbits seems to loading up with fuzz and peeling off already. 

One Little Bunny Chant
Mr. Eric and Mr. Michael for Outrageous Orange


I like to do this song all year round so when its not snowing I sing ' one little bunny hopping to and fro.' I also pretend it takes 5 bunnies for it to be a party.


One little bunny hopping in the snow
Along came another, and he said, “Hello!”
Hop hop hop and away they go. How many bunnies? Do you know?... TWO!


Two little bunnies hopping in the snow

Along came another, and he said, “Hello!”
Hop hop hop and away they go. How many bunnies? Do you know?... THREE!


Three little bunnies hopping in the snow

Along came another, and he said, “Hello!”
Hop hop hop and away they go. How many bunnies? Do you know?... FOUR!


Four  little bunnies hopping in the snow
Along came another, and he said, “Hello!”
Hop hop hop and away they go. How many bunnies? Do you know?... FIVE!


It’s a bunny party!


Rhyme

10 Plump Peas
10 plump peas in a peapod pressed (press two fists together)
One grew, two grew, so did all the rest (bring up one finger, two fingers, then all fingers)
They grew and grew an did not stop (slowly move hands apart)
Until one day the pod went POP! (clap hands!)


Felt
The Giant Carrot.  


Beanbags
Please Pass the Peas by Carole Peterson from H.U.M.

“Silly Hat Song” (Tune: This Old Man) Credit: SurLaLune Storytime , same as the song below it is intended for use with something other than a beanbag but it works great regardless.

On my head, I wear my hat. It is such a silly hat
That my head will wiggle waggle to and fro
Where else can my silly hat go?

[Repeat using foot, elbow and knee.]



Closing
We Clap Our Hands Like This - tune farmer in the dell. Borrowed from Opening/Closing Songs on Storytime Katie who borrowed it from Rhymes for Toddlers on Sunflower Storytime.


We clap our hands like this
We clap out hands like this
We clap our hands with all of our friends
We clap our hands like this.


We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss with all of our friends
We blow a kiss like this.


We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye with all our friends.
We wave goodbye like this.


We didn't do craft with this storytime.  I got out all the duplo blocks for the kids to play with instead.



Laura
Disclaimer

3 comments:

  1. Cute; I hope this inspires the weather to warm up so gardening can truly begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice! I like it a lot. We have also been looking for a best Phoenix pre-k for our kid. I will enroll him to pre k in next year but I am thinking that finding a best one is quite essential for his better future. So I have started finding academy this early. If you have any recommendations then please share!

    ReplyDelete