Thursday, March 17, 2016

Preschool Storytime - Teeth

Opening
Hello Everybody, Yes Indeed by Carole Peterson from H.U.M.
Hello to your toes yes indeed yes indeed yes indeed
Hello to your toes yes indeed my darling


Knees – shoulders - friends


Books

Clarabella's Teeth by An Vrombaut.

Bear's Loose Tooth by Karma Wilson
Snip snap! What's That? by Mara Bergman


Songs

Hands are for clapping by Jim Gill for Jim Gill Sings the Sneezing Song and Other Contagious Tunes 
Brush your teeth by Raffi for Singable Songs for the Very Young 
Going to Kentucky by Carole Peterson from Baloney
Goldfish song by Laurie Berkner for The Best of Laurie Berkner Band 

Felt
My Colorful Toothbrushes
Inspired by Growing a Smile - Teeth by Fun with Friends at Storytime. Sung to the tune of Mary Wore Her Red Dress. 

My Colorful Toothbrushes
I went to the store for a new toothbrush
I took my time
to make up my mind
I didn't want to rush
and I thought
I'll use the green toothbrush, green toothbrush, green toothbrush, I'll use the green tooth brush all day long.

Bean Bags
Puppet On Your Heart

From JBrary, you can watch the full video of the song. I changed the lyrics to beanbags and it went very well.

Put your puppet on your heart, On your heart.
Put your puppet on your heart,On your heart.
Put your puppet on your heart,What a lovely way to start!
Put your puppet on your heart,On your heart.
Put your puppet on your knee…
You’ll both be filled with glee…
Put your puppet on your toes…
Now move it to your nose…

Felt 


Five Little Monkeys
Five little monkeys
Sitting in a tree
Teasing Mister Crocodile,
“You can’t catch me!”
Along comes Crocodile,
Quiet as can be
SNAP!
(Continue the countdown until…)
One little monkey….
instead of Snap say “and he tickled those monkeys until he mad them pee”


Closing
We Clap Our Hands Like This - tune farmer in the dell. Borrowed from Opening/Closing Songs on Storytime Katie who borrowed it from Rhymes for Toddlers on Sunflower Storytime.


We clap our hands like this
We clap out hands like this
We clap our hands with all of our friends
We clap our hands like this.


We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss like this
We blow a kiss with all of our friends
We blow a kiss like this.


We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye like this.
We wave goodbye with all our friends.
We wave goodbye like this.


Craft
I saw a game on Mailbox Magazine that I liked called Smiles All Around. I couldn't get the game board to print so I made my own. Be careful when you put the black dots on your beans to be cavities that you only put the dot on one side of the bean. Otherwise you'll end up at the dentist a lot and your patrons will think you are a goofball.  


Laura

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment