Do you ever find that it takes a long time to make a decision?
Does it take so long to choose a task that nothing gets done?
Maybe its too late to work on what you want to do or other work came up? Do you wish you had a way to take the guess work out of prioritizing? Do you wish you could have a task to start on immediately instead of procrastinating? Think how much more productive you'd be with a tool that would take the guessing out of how to tackle your in-box or to-do list.
I have made just such an item to simplify your day. Clue cube was taken so I call my device the UnBlock. I have made a prototype out of paper. I'll get to the upgrades later. So how does the UnBlock work? I chose 6 tasks that I had trouble focusing on and committing to.
I labeled the UnBlock :
- Blog - my own blog or a YALSA post, book reviews for SOYAMRG or VOYA
- Jobs - job boards, update resume, LinkedIn, applications and cover letters
- Exercise - yoga, meditating or running up and down the stairs
- Clean - something around the house or myself
- Plan - make a date with a friend or plot meals and what I need at the grocery store
Anytime I feel my focus faltering or I've spent too much time getting on target, I simply toss the UnBlock and I do whatever the top note says. Its an adult Magic 8 Ball. My first version has a few flaws. The most obvious issue is the sticky notes will fly off when you toss the UnBlock. I want people to be able to change what the sides say so I think a block with write and wipe sides or sleeves for cards you can rewrite would be a good idea.