Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Quick Pic - Egyptian Seeds

Howdy
Sometimes at the store I just buy random things and figure what they are later.  I recently bought a packet of Egyptian Seeds from the section that sells the bulk fruit and nuts.  The packaging doesn't give a lot of clues. They are salted and taste like pumpkin seeds.  I really don't know what plant these are from but they do make a tasty snack.  I like to add these seeds to my cereal for breakfast and I think when I make granola I can certainly add these.  


Laura


3 comments:

  1. They are definitely from a plant in the cucurbitaceae family which includes squash, including pumpkin, cucumber and melons. I made some recently from my squash plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you could season and roast them on different flavors as well....Cape and Matter Horn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if I do not learn the proper name, when I want to buy more I will just have to save a few to show the shop keeper.

    ReplyDelete