Saturday, September 20, 2014

Updates - Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?

Howdy

So what's the word hummingbird?  The word is paperwork, lots and lots of paperwork.  I do
not know when I am leaving because I do not know when my paperwork will be complete.  I received my transcripts in the mail.  Hooray, happy dance. It was a fluke though. Upon further discovery my transcripts had the wrong certification attached.  It might sounds minor but in the world of legalities having an apostille instead of an authentication is a big deal.  Basically there are two kinds of authentications, because there are counties that follow the Hague Convention and those that do not.  Each group has its own certification for documents and they won't accept anything less.  The good news is my diploma hasn't received the same erroneous attestation and after many phone calls the IU Registrar it seems things are off to a good start...again. 

As with all things, its bad news and good news.  

Laura

Disclaimer

4 comments:

  1. Poe wrote on both. They both have inky quills. Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the best title, enjoy the question regardless. I was trying to think of a pithy way to explain that not all certifications were the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apostilles? I thought you were talking about apostles! Or apostrophes! #dammit

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't help that every office you call pronounces it differently. I've probably picked up the incorrect pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete